NetDania ChartStation - Forex, Gold, Silver & Indices Charting - How to backup/save your NetDania Setup
The NetDania Chartstation is a very useful free facility.
The latest version now allows much more customisation:
Your setup is stored in cookies. If you lose the cookies you lose everything you've set up.
Here is what I've found out:
1. Firefox 3 no longer stores cookies in simple files. Backup/editing is possible with an extension, but every time Firefox is upgraded the extensions can be unusable, so this is not ideal.
2. Google Chrome stores all the cookies in one unreadable file. So that's not easy either.
3. The regrettable conclusion is that Internet Explorer, with its plain text file individual cookies is the easiest solution.
This is how I did it:
1. Go to NetDania Chartstaion using IE:
2. Start by going to Settings -> Settings, and set the default for new windows eg colour, timescale etc.
3. Create all the 10 minutes windows in the right order, and then change the colours of those I don't want the default colour.
4. Select Window -> Tile Vertically.
5. Save the workspace as "10mins".
6. Change the timescale for all the windows and then save as another workspace (don't save the current one). Repeat.
7. Now there are a variety of timescales to look at all with the same coloured charts.
8. Close the browser and go to: C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Cookies
9. Copy all the Steve@*netdania*.txt files
10. If you want the same setup on another computer, copy the files, run the browser to netdania, then close it again. Then edit the new cookie file and put the old userid into it.
The file to edit is the one that starts like this:
You can get the current userid from Help -> About in chartstation.
With this method you can:
1. Backup your netdania cookies.
2. Copy the setup to other computers.
Here are two very good options for buying gold & silver and having them stored for you in secure insured vaults:
For more details see this:
Why & Where to buy Gold & Silver